ASAKE Biotechnology, LLC is seeking an entry level Research Technician for a one-year contract to support an NIH grant funded project to aid in the development of a lead compound for the development of a Type I diabetes novel therapeutic. This full-time position is located in Athens, Ohio and reports to the ASAKE CEO.
· Conduct a variety of research experiments independently and under supervision from senior scientist
· Develop, organize, and maintain stock of supplies in the lab. Responsible for placing orders for materials and equipment. Coordinate with building facilities team to track and manage incoming goods
· Maintain detailed records including inventory management and research reports
· Train and manage part-time student interns
· Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, or related field
· Experience in using basic lab equipment
· Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
· Organized and detail oriented
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Willingness to work flex work hours to support research needs outside of typical 9-5 work hours.
We require applicants for this role to be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring employer sponsorship either now or in the future. The position is a one-year contract and may have the possibility of extending beyond the grant funded period contingent upon funding and other factors. Benefits includes paid time off and a benefits stipend.
About ASAKE Biotechnology, LLC
ASAKE Biotechnology, LLC researches and develops novel health therapeutics with a focus on infectious diseases, diabetes, and cancer. We specialize in biosynthetic technology and synthetic chemistry as well as emerging technologies including Proteolysis Targeting Chimeras (PROTAC).